Vuma Reputation Management; the #SuitsofCommunication, #AfricansWorkingForAfrica, is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Account Manager to join our team in Johannesburg.
This opportunity provides a platform for reputation management training and upskilling by one of the leaders in the field and involves working on some of our top business. We are communication and reputation mavericks – and below, is a description of what you can expect in this role;
The Vuma Way
- Being a self-starter.
- Being a team-player.
- Being curious and keeping abreast of current communications trends and tools.
- Being an effective communicator (verbal, presentation and written).
- Managing your personal brand in a professional manner.
- Having a professional a demeanor and presentation.
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff.
- Having a flair for strategic thinking, creativity and innovation.
- Understanding the business – our vision, mission and values.
- Understanding our strategic objectives and your key role in implementing them.
- Knowing and understanding our business model, service offerings and credentials.
- Enhancing our relationships with our key stakeholders.
- Knowing and understanding various policies and procedures.
- Understanding the basics of account financial management for profitability.
- Being involved in pitching for new business and developing PR proposals.
- Solid computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Service focused and sensitive to confidential information.
- Good project management skills.
- Good quality assurance abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent multiple task management abilities.
- Excellent time-management.
- Basic research skills.
- Goal and deadline driven.
- Good emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise.
- Ability to perform appropriate admin, briefing, scheduling and reporting procedures.
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks.
- Troubleshooting, flexibility and ability to manage challenges.
- Strategic thinking, planning and development.
- Writing press releases and copy for various platforms.
- Basic understanding of social media and digital platforms.
- Spearheading communication tasks and projects.
- Managing reputation management, public relations and communication accounts.
- Building strong relationships with the team, clients and their stakeholders.
- Understanding and meeting contract deliverables per client.
- Fulfilling clients’ key performance indicators and growing accounts.
- Understanding client business strategies and providing relevant strategic counsel.
- Writing effective client strategies and implementing them.
- Navigating and communicating challenges and solving them.
- Meeting the needs of and providing innovative solutions for clients.
- Preparing and contributing positively to meetings and other client activities.
- Identifying media and business trends relevant to clients and our industry.
- Building and maintaining good and new relationships with media contacts.
- Interacting with the media in a professional and impactful manner.
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to build client’s profiles.
- Providing relevant product or company information to print, broadcast and online media.
- Analysing and reporting on media coverage and return of investment for clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduates with relevant diplomas or degrees in public relations, communication and media are desirable. However, a lack of qualifications isn’t necessarily a barrier to entry if you can demonstrate your experience (minimum 5 years) within public relations and communications managing business to business (B2B) or business to consumer (B2C) public relations accounts, strong writing and communication skills and a strong interest and personal contacts in the media.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Own reliable transport
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15 February 2019