“If you lose money for the firm, I will be very understanding...If you lose reputation for the firm, I will be ruthless."
Warren Buffet, renowned businessman and philanthropist
This is the mainstay of reputation management, says Janine Hills, CEO of Vuma Reputation Management.
“Corporate reputation management may all too often be considered intangible by top management, but if left unmanaged, its shockwaves leave a tangible tremor affecting the bottom line - and it’s the bottom line that top executives value most,” says Hills.
Most successful companies have realised the value of a strong corporate reputation, but few appreciate that a company’s reputation is equally important.
Corporate reputation can never be tamed in nature, but it can be managed and controlled. A company's reputation takes time and dedication to build but can be lost extremely quickly with devastating results. The skill is to keep your corporate reputation in check; if not consistently kept in check it stumbles - and every positive see-saws with a negative.
"Reputation grows over time, it cannot be bought, it is earned." Janine Hills- CEO of Vuma Corporate Reputation Management
Awards and Nominations:
- Rated the number one reputation management company in South Africa by topSEOs in 2010 and May 2011. click here
- Awarded CEO Magazine's Meritorious Award for being a 2008 category finalist in the communications sector. The awards are South Africa's Most Influential Women in Business and Government Awards.
- Nominated for inclusion in the 2009 edition of International Who's Who of Professionals, an elite network of leaders in Commerce, Economics, Policy and Trade.
- Nominated as a finalist in the entrepreneur section of Topco Media's Top Women Awards 2008. The awards recognise excellence in business and public service.
- BBQ Awards 2012: New innovative business award Global Awards for Brand Excellence: Brand leadership award.
Vuma Reputation Management is part of thewinwin group.
Vuma Reputation Management to Media trains JSE listed companies. click here to read more....